On 20 Jan 2009 at 10:46, Konrad Rzeszutek wrote:

> On Tue, Jan 20, 2009 at 10:47:28AM +0100, Ulrich Windl wrote:
> >
> > Hello,
> >
> > this is a quote from "HP StorageWorks EVA iSCSI Connectivity Option 7.1
> > release
> > notes":
> >
> > mpx100 and CHAP security with Linux not supported
> >
> > The CHAP setup with the Linux iSCSI initiator 3.6.3 is not supported with
> > the
>
> That sounds like the Cisco version of iSCSI initiator (which is in RHEL4, but
> not
> in the more recent version of Linux)
>
> Did they say what version of Linux they are referring too?

Unfortunately no. To make things worse, if you select your initiator is
"Linux",
you are not able to set up CHAP at the target. I played a bit with it, and
either
sendtargets discovery works with CHAP, or it always succeeds. Logging in with
CHAP
would not work (once the Initiator uses CHAP, the login is denied).

On that way I found that I lack documentation on the various options settable
for
open-iscsi in the config files.

Also if you change you mind on CHAP, a new discovery is not enough; you'll have
remove the discovered status files. Could that do any serious damage?

> > mpx100. The Linux iSCSI driver omits CHAP security negotiations at login.

Ulrich