On 21 Jan 2009 at 11:59, Mike Christie wrote:

> > Basically the manual has no instruction on setting up CHAP as they say it
> > does not
>

> Is the manual online? If so can you send me a link, so I can ping the HP
> target guys about it?

Hi Mike,

you could try your luck at docs.hp.com for "5697-7755.pdf" ("HP StorageWorks
EVA
iSCSI connectivity user guide" / "Part number: 5697-7755, Tenth edition:
October
2008"). If you fail to locate it, I can send you the PDF file.

You may comment on these:

Page 77 "Installing and configuring the SUSE Linux Enterprise 10 iSCSI driver":
"# vi /etc/initiatorname.iscsi": It's actually "vi
/etc/iscsi/initiatorname.iscsi"

Page 83 refers to "Mount the /dev/iscsi tree symlinks.". I couldn't find that.

Page 83 also says "/etc/rc.d/initd/iscsi restart". Actually in SLES10 it's
"/etc/init.d/open-iscsi restart" (or shortly "rcopen-iscsi restart").

Page 210 says "version 3.6.3 CHAP restrictions

CHAP setup with Linux iSCSI Initiator version 3.6.3 is not supported with the
mpx100/100b because the Linux iSCSI driver omits CHAP security negotiations at
login."

Regards,
Ulrich