Adding SUSE iscsi guy.

Hannes,

We are trying to sort out some HP docs that for iscsi support in SLES10.
  The info in the docs below looks like linux-iscsi. Did you put
open-iscsi or linux-iscsi in SLES 10?

Ulrich Windl wrote:
> On 21 Jan 2009 at 11:59, Mike Christie wrote:
>
>>> Basically the manual has no instruction on setting up CHAP as they say it
>>> does not
>>
>> Is the manual online? If so can you send me a link, so I can ping the HP
>> target guys about it?
>
> Hi Mike,
>
> you could try your luck at docs.hp.com for "5697-7755.pdf" ("HP StorageWorks
> EVA
> iSCSI connectivity user guide" / "Part number: 5697-7755, Tenth edition:
> October
> 2008"). If you fail to locate it, I can send you the PDF file.
>
> You may comment on these:
>
> Page 77 "Installing and configuring the SUSE Linux Enterprise 10 iSCSI
> driver":
> "# vi /etc/initiatorname.iscsi": It's actually "vi
> /etc/iscsi/initiatorname.iscsi"

Ah yeah, /etc/initiatorname.iscsi is linux-iscsi and not open-iscsi.

> Page 83 refers to "Mount the /dev/iscsi tree symlinks.". I couldn't find that.

/dev/iscsi is linux-iscsi.

> Page 83 also says "/etc/rc.d/initd/iscsi restart". Actually in SLES10 it's
> "/etc/init.d/open-iscsi restart" (or shortly "rcopen-iscsi restart").

Sounds like linux-iscsi again.

> Page 210 says "version 3.6.3 CHAP restrictions
>
> CHAP setup with Linux iSCSI Initiator version 3.6.3 is not supported with the

I thought SLES 10 actually used open-iscsi. The 3.6.3 is a linux-iscsi
version.