PECastro wrote:
> Hi there.
>
> I'm mounting a standard iscsi target.
> I've been doing a lot of interesting nice things, I can see the disk,
> I can play with it and everything is very wonderfull ! :) Long story
> short, the disk has been running fine as if it was really attached.
>
> The problem started when I had the need to configure a virtual IP on
> lo:0 .
>
> My client box IP is something like 10.238.17.221 and I was trying to
> configure a 10.238.17.220 IP on lo:0 with
> ifconfig lo:0 10.238.17.220 netmask 255.255.255.128 broadcast
> 10.238.17.255 up
>
> but the moment I do this I seem to lose connection to the disk whilst
> iscsi is throwing errors to the log.

So you do the ifconfig to lo after iscsi is setup and logged in right?
Is the ip address different from what you originally logged into? I mean
originally you did

iscsiadm -m node -T some_tagret -p original_ip -l

then when you do the ifconfig it is a new_ip, but the iscsi tools think
you want to still connect to original_ip  so you get the connect failed
errors and eventually the replacement/recovery timeout errors.

What you would have to do is create a session to original_ip, then
create a new session to new_ip, and if you do not want to see IO errors
then you would use dm-multipath over both sessions and that would handle
switching from the old path to the new path for you.