On 29 Jan 2009 at 0:32, Dr. Volker Jaenisch wrote:

> So we think this has nothing to do with the underlying harddisc hardware
> nor the filesystem.
> We think the ISER transport may be the problem.

Hi!

Well if you thing the problem is transport related, and you are doing
performance
evaluation anyway, you could try to use iozone: I think it has a
checksumming/verification feature. Maybe this helps to reveal the problems.
Maybe
even, write your own code (e.g. write some long piece of data to a partition
directly (using no file system), then read it back and compare it byte-by-byte.

Many years ago my brother had a PC that worked fine when reading data slowly
from
a data disc, or when the CPU cache (external at that time) was disabled, but
when
the CPU chache was on and a huge amount of data was read using an Adaptec 2940,
the last four bytes of a transfer were corrupted. Meaning: It could be a
hardware
issue. Maybe update any firmware to the latest before re-trying.

Regards,
Ulrich