Hi Mike thanks for your reply. My answers follow bellow right next to
your questions.

Tkx/Regards,

   PECastro

> So you do the ifconfig to lo after iscsi is setup and logged in right?
> Is the ip address different from what you originally logged into? I mean
> originally you did
>
> iscsiadm -m node -T some_tagret -p original_ip -l

Initially I did iscsiadm -m discovery -t sendtargets -p 10.238.17.201
And I started the iscsi daemon, from there after it all just worked.

> then when you do the ifconfig it is a new_ip, but the iscsi tools think
> you want to still connect to original_ip  so you get the connect failed
> errors and eventually the replacement/recovery timeout errors.

But I do an ifconfig on the loopback interface adding a new IP on  a
virtual lo:0
I'm not messing with the original IP 10.238.17.201  which is still
associated with eth0

> What you would have to do is create a session to original_ip, then
> create a new session to new_ip, and if you do not want to see IO errors
> then you would use dm-multipath over both sessions and that would handle
> switching from the old path to the new path for you.

Coul you explain me how I would be able to achieve that?!
How do I create a session to the new IP? Perform a another discovery ?
How can I use multipath between the two sessions?!