Mike Christie wrote:
> Konrad Rzeszutek wrote:
>> On Mon, Feb 02, 2009 at 11:39:18AM +0100, Hans de Goede wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> When using 2-way chap and booting from an intel network card with intel
>>> firmware initiator, their is no way to specify the username in the firmware
>>> initiator for the reverse chap, nor does it care what username the target
>>> provides.
>>>
>>> However under sysfs (ibft) there is a reverse username attribute
>>> (containing
>>> garbage) and as this garbage is not provided by the target open-iscsi does
>>> not
>>> want to talk to the target.
>> That is b/c the ibft module parses the iBFT structure and this is the offset
>> where
>> the reverse username attribute is at. You can insert a bunch of printks in
>> the
>> module and see data.
>>
>> Better yet, try this attached tool. I wrote it up some time with a different
>> purpose
>> in mind and just now converted it over to read from /dev/mem. Try it and see
>> if the
>> data comes out looking valid.
>>
>> (Last time I used it on an Intel NICs, they would insert 0xFF everywhere in
>> the
>> IBFT).
>>
>>> So how do we work around this?
>> Try to use the IBM HS-20 (ibm-hs20-iscsi.lab.redhat.com, I think)
>>

> Hey, so this is a problem with only intel nics? If so let's talk to the
> intel guys to see if they are going to fix it, or is already fixed by
> just updating the firmware.

Yes, this seems to be a problem with the ibft of the intel nic firmware. I do
not have the all FF FF problem, everything is correct, except for the
reverseusername, which is not surprising as the firmware BIOS setup interface
does not allow one to specify a reverseusername. But then I would expect the
reverse username sysfs attribute to be empty which it is not (which undoubtly
is a firmware bug).

Regards,

Hans