Tomasz Chmielewski wrote:
> Is it safe to use swap over iSCSI?
> Or will the system deadlock under memory pressure?

Probably deadlock.

> There were some patches for swapping over NFS lately on lkml, which is
> "a bit" similar.

The same guy that made the swap over NFS patches had worked on patches
for iscsi too. When the iscsi patches were in the same patchset as the
nfs ones he was ccing the list I thought. I think because he had to
rework patches for usptream comments and because the iscsi code changed
on him which broke the iscsi patches, he was just maintaining the nfs
patches for now.

I have not been keeping up with the nfs patches. Did they go upstream?