On Tue, 2009-02-10 at 09:48 -0800, Mike Christie wrote:
> Karen Xie wrote:
> > Hi, Mike,
> >
> > Do you have any details on how to hook up with the DHCP software
> client?
>
> The broadcom guys do.

We'll have a user mode driver to receive and transmit DHCP/ARP/ICMP etc
packets for the iSCSI HBA using the UIO interface.  For DHCP, this user
mode driver will listen to NETLINK_ISCSI for the ISCSI_KEVENT_NET_CONFIG
message that indicates DHCP setting.  Once we obtain the leased IP
address, we'll send it to the kernel using ISCSI_UEVENT_NET_CONFIG.