On Tue, Feb 17, 2009 at 11:35 PM, Mike Christie <micha...@cs.wisc.edu> wrote:

> Erez Zilber wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm running a setup of open-iscsi connected to a target. When I run
>> I/O from the initiator (e.g using dd) with transaction size of 128kB,
>> I sometimes see that 2 128kB requests are aggregated to a single 256kB
>> request. This is rare, but it happens from time to time. Can I disable
>> this feature? Who is responsible for that? Is it scsi-ml?
>>

> block layer.
>
> /sys/block/sdX/queue/max_sectors_kb

Thanks, but this will limit the I/O size for all I/Os. What I forgot
to mention is that sometimes I also send larger I/Os (e.g. 512kB).
With the proposed solution, these large I/Os will be sent as multiple
128kB I/Os (and affect the performance). Isn't there a way to simply
avoid this aggregation?

Thanks,
Erez