On 20 Feb 2009 at 10:47, Mike Christie wrote:

> Ulrich Windl wrote:
> > On 19 Feb 2009 at 9:48, Jesse Butler wrote:
> >

> >> I am trying to troubleshoot why a connection is popping up and down,
> >> and finally staying down, with a Linux RHEL 5.2 Open iSCSI / iSER
> >> initiator.
> >
> > Hi!
> >
> > Maybe that's related: With SLES10 SP1 (x86_64) I have two iSCSI LUNs that
> > are
>

> I do not think it is related. In your logs tehre is nothing that
> indicates the scsi command is timing out.
>
> In your logs do you see something about a ping or nop timing out?

Hi Mike!

No, you may be right if those messages aren't sent with a very low log
priority. I
thought that multipath is sending TUR (Test Unit Ready) commands to different
iSCSI paths. Now if various iSCSI paths are flagged bad by multipath, I
concluded
that either the packets did not make it over the network, or the unit (dis
karray)
did not respond (for reasons whatever). I may be wrong, but willing to learn ;-)

Regards,
Ulrich