Yes.. you can use gparted when you do it on the host side..but if you are
using stonefly SC, ,then no need to do it from host side. You can extend the
file system using SC GUI, Please follow the below steps

1. Un-mount the currently mounted iSCSI volume:

Umount /mnt/iscsi (Mount point of iSCSI volume)

2. Add space to the volume on the Storage Concentrator

3. Reload the iSCSI driver on the host

/etc/init.d/iscsi restart

This will let the partition know the iSCSI volume has been increased in
size.

4. Resize filesystem

e2fsck –f /dev/sdb (File system check has to be done first)
Resize2fs /dev/sdb (device of iSCSI volume)

This will let the filesystem know the iSCSI volume has been increased or
decreased.

5. Remount the volume and it should now show the new increased size.

Mount –t ext3 /dev/iscsi

for more details you can visit http://www.stonefly.com/

Cheers..........