I created a volume, which showed up as /dev/disk/by-path/foo-iscsi-...

I then did an fdisk on it, which appeared to work:
fdisk /dev/disk/by-path/....

After that, it no longer showed up in /dev/disk/by-path/
but it did exist as /dev/sdc and the partition at /dev/sdc1 was writable.

This was 2.6.29-rc7 (plus my hacks, but no hacks anywhere near iscsi).

Aside from that, seems to be working marvelously, binding to local
addresses as I wish.

Thanks,
Ben

--