Joe Landman wrote:

> Any clues as to why this works on 2.6.27 and not on 2.6.28?  Some API
> change that hasn't been factored in yet?

It is a bug in the 2.6.28.x stable kernel. I think you need to upgrade
to 2.6.28.7. The bug got into one of the 2.6.29-rc releases and then I
think it was ported to a 2.6.28.x, then around 2.6.29-rc4 - rc5 it got
fixed and I think it then got fixed in .28 stable too.

It was due to some mlockall mm kernel change.