bigcatxjs wrote:
>> At these times is there lots of disk IO? Is there anything in the target
>> logs?
> It is fair to say that all these volumes take a heavy hit, in terms of
> I/O.  Each host (excluding the RHEL 5.3. test host) run two Oracle
> databases, of which some have intra-database replication (Oracle
> Streams) enabled.  The issue on the RHEL 5.2 host occures every 10
> secs or so during Office Hours when it is being utilised.

Do you mean every 10 seconds you see the conn error then conn operation
messages? That sounds like the nop bug in 5.2.

Are you using multipath over iscsi btw?

One thing you can try is turn pings off. In iscsid.conf set:

node.conn[0].timeo.noop_out_interval = 0
node.conn[0].timeo.noop_out_timeout = 0

then logout the session and rerun the discovery command then relogin or
you can logout then do:

iscsiadm -m node -o update -n node.conn[0].timeo.noop_out_interval -v 0
iscsiadm -m node -o update -n node.conn[0].timeo.noop_out_timeout -v 0

then relogin.

If with these new settings you see host reset succeeded messages then we
will want to turn down the queueing limits.