Mike Christie wrote:
>> Does open-iscsi support I/OAT now?  If so, from which version?
> No. It uses some network API that is not converted to support I/OAT. The
> intel guys have sent patches to add it, but they were a little behind
> upstream so their patches would break. I think they are working on it still.
Mike, Here's a pointer for the patches
http://www.mail-archive.com/open-iscsi@googlegroups.com/msg00388.html -
and now after saving you 5sec of work... a question comes: can you or
Supreeth help me get educated what makes the open iscsi usage of the
network API not applicable to use receive copy offload by the kernel
I/OAT engine -  such that both the network stack and the iscsi code has
to be patched? for example, does the NFS kernel code can use I/OAT as it
is now?

thanks,

Or.