Tomasz Chmielewski schrieb:
> I upgraded a diskless system to use Debian's 2.6.26 kernel from Lenny,
> but it won't boot any more.
>
> With some earlier version on 2.0-870.x it would log in if I started the
> command for the second time.
> After upgrading the kernel and userspace to 2.0-870.3 it doesn't work
> any more and I get:
>
> iscsistart: Could not read proc_name for host1 rc 5.
> iscsi: invalid session 0
> iscsistart: Received iferror -22
> iscsistart: can't create connection (2)
> iscsistart: Received iferror -22
> iscsistart: can not safely destroy session 0
> iscsistart: Received iferror -22
> iscsistart: can't bind conn 0:0 to session 0, retcode 1 (115)
>

> What does it mean? How can I make iscsistart work again (other than
> downgrading)?

It looks like iscsistart is broken in 2.0-870.3?

I took iscsistart binary from an older 2.0-870.x release and it works
fine with 2.0-870.3 kernel modules with Debian Lenny's 2.6.26 (amd64)
kernel.

Although when I start iscsid from any 2.0-870.x release, it drops the
connection started by iscsistart and is unable to reconnect ("iscsid:
Could not verify connection 0:1. Dropping event."), until the device is
offlined.

--
Tomasz Chmielewski
http://wpkg.org