agspoon wrote:
> Thanks for the tip.  Yes, it really is LUN-0 that is missing.  All the
> other LUNs (1-6) do show up in this error condition, and upon reboot
> they all show up.  It is only an occasional boot up where I see LUN-0
> missing, and I wanted to avoid a reboot to restore it.  I'll give the
> re-scan trigger a try and see if LUN-0 shows up.
>
> What is the magic with the "- - -" that triggers the scan?  A bit of

It is :

echo BUS_NUMBER TARGET_NUMBER LUN > scan

"-" is a wild card.

For software iscsi the first two are going to be "-" or zero (iscsi
always just uses 0), and then for LUN can you just use 0 if you are only
looking for that one.

You can also run iscsiadm

iscsiadm -m session -r session_id --rescan
or
iscsiadm -m session --rescan

to scan all sessions.