On 03/31/2009 03:09 AM, Mike Christie wrote:
> Boaz Harrosh wrote:
>> Hi Mike, list.
>>
>> In 2.0-870 I use to discover and login in the following command:
>>
>> []$ iscsiadm -m discovery -t sendtargets -p 192.168.0.142:3260 --login
>>
>> But if I compile master:
>>
>> I get:
>>   iscsiadm: InitiatorName is required on the first Login PDU
>>   iscsiadm: login failed, couldn't make a login PDU
>>   iscsiadm: discovery login to 192.168.0.142 failed, giving up
>>

>> I've renamed my /etc/iscsi to /etc/iscsi.old
>> and reran "make install_user", but same problem. Also same command as above
>> without --login
>> gives same error.
>>
>> I do have my "/etc/iscsi/initiatorname.iscsi" exactly as before.
>>
>> [Q] What do I need to add to configuration so I can do discovery?
>>

> iscsiadm does not read "/etc/iscsi/initiatorname.iscsi" directly. It
> talks to iscsid to ask what it is using. Is iscsid running? Did
> something break where iscsid is now not running when you run the
> discovery command?

Sorry got a bit busy. I was not sure I did not check before.

So I try again:
[] git checkout master
[] make user
[r...@testlin2] make install_user

then I do:
[r...@testlin2]$ service open-iscsi start
Starting iSCSI initiator service:                          [  OK  ]
Setting up iSCSI targets: iscsiadm: No records found!      [  OK  ]

[r...@testlin2]$ iscsiadm -m discovery -t sendtargets -p 192.168.0.142:3260
--login
iscsiadm: InitiatorName is required on the first Login PDU
iscsiadm: login failed, couldn't make a login PDU
iscsiadm: discovery login to 192.168.0.241 failed, giving up

[r...@testlin2]$ ps ax |grep iscsi
32268 ?        S<     0:00 [iscsi_eh]
32284 ?        Ss     0:00 iscsid
32285 ?        S<Ls   0:00 iscsid
32313 pts/0    S+     0:00 grep iscsi

If I checkout "01123e0 Update Changelog for new release" which is 2.0-870
tag and do exactly like above it works, do you want that I try a bisection?

I'm using an OSD target but it is TOMO's tgt target almost latest with only
couple of patches behind HEAD, and OSD does not interfere with login. It only
comes into play much later.

BTW
 I found that make install_user will install the "open-osd" service:
 (install -m 755 etc/initd/initd.redhat /etc/init.d/open-iscsi)
 But Fedora distro will install "iscsi" service.
 I have scripts that start and stop iscsi as part of osd initialization
 would you say it is better to use the "open-iscsi" service?
 What do other distros use as name of the service?

Thanks
Boaz