Boaz Harrosh wrote:
> On 03/31/2009 03:09 AM, Mike Christie wrote:
>> Boaz Harrosh wrote:
>>> Hi Mike, list.
>>>
>>> In 2.0-870 I use to discover and login in the following command:
>>>
>>> []$ iscsiadm -m discovery -t sendtargets -p 192.168.0.142:3260 --login
>>>
>>> But if I compile master:
>>>
>>> I get:
>>>   iscsiadm: InitiatorName is required on the first Login PDU
>>>   iscsiadm: login failed, couldn't make a login PDU
>>>   iscsiadm: discovery login to 192.168.0.142 failed, giving up
>>>

>>> I've renamed my /etc/iscsi to /etc/iscsi.old
>>> and reran "make install_user", but same problem. Also same command as above
>>> without --login
>>> gives same error.
>>>
>>> I do have my "/etc/iscsi/initiatorname.iscsi" exactly as before.
>>>
>>> [Q] What do I need to add to configuration so I can do discovery?
>>>
>> iscsiadm does not read "/etc/iscsi/initiatorname.iscsi" directly. It
>> talks to iscsid to ask what it is using. Is iscsid running? Did
>> something break where iscsid is now not running when you run the
>> discovery command?
>
> Sorry got a bit busy. I was not sure I did not check before.
>
> So I try again:
> [] git checkout master
> [] make user
> [r...@testlin2] make install_user
>
> then I do:
> [r...@testlin2]$ service open-iscsi start
> Starting iSCSI initiator service:                          [  OK  ]
> Setting up iSCSI targets: iscsiadm: No records found!      [  OK  ]
>
> [r...@testlin2]$ iscsiadm -m discovery -t sendtargets -p 192.168.0.142:3260
> --login
> iscsiadm: InitiatorName is required on the first Login PDU
> iscsiadm: login failed, couldn't make a login PDU
> iscsiadm: discovery login to 192.168.0.241 failed, giving up
>
> [r...@testlin2]$ ps ax |grep iscsi
> 32268 ?        S<     0:00 [iscsi_eh]
> 32284 ?        Ss     0:00 iscsid
> 32285 ?        S<Ls   0:00 iscsid
> 32313 pts/0    S+     0:00 grep iscsi
>
> If I checkout "01123e0 Update Changelog for new release" which is 2.0-870
> tag and do exactly like above it works, do you want that I try a bisection?

Not yet. Just do
iscsiadm -m discovery -t sendtargets -p 192.168.0.142:3260 --login -d 8

and send the debug output.

> I'm using an OSD target but it is TOMO's tgt target almost latest with only
> couple of patches behind HEAD, and OSD does not interfere with login. It only
> comes into play much later.
>
> BTW
>  I found that make install_user will install the "open-osd" service:
>  (install -m 755 etc/initd/initd.redhat /etc/init.d/open-iscsi)
>  But Fedora distro will install "iscsi" service.
>  I have scripts that start and stop iscsi as part of osd initialization
>  would you say it is better to use the "open-iscsi" service?

Maybe. For Red Hat though, iscsi-initiator-utils is always the iscsi
package (it used to be based on linux-iscsi and is now open-iscsi). Same
for the service. iscsi used to be linux-iscsi and now it is open-iscsi.
It does not matter the upsteam package.

>  What do other distros use as name of the service?

I do not know. I think SUSE uses open-iscsi.