Mike Christie wrote:
>mala...@us.ibm.com wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>>      I am trying to install RHEL5.3 on an iSCSI disk with two paths.
>> I booted with "mapth" option but the installer picked up only a
single
>> path. Is this the expected behavior when I use "iBFT"?
>>

>For this mail ibft boot means the boot process where the ibft
implementation hooks into the box and logs into the target and brings
over the kernel and
>initrd.
>

>It could be. If the ibft implementation uses only one session during
the ibft boot and then only exports that one session then yeah, it is
expected
>because the iscsi tools only know what ibft tells us.

Mike - Here is an old thread that we had on the limitation of the
fwparam tool's limitation with multiple sessions at boot time.
http://www.mail-archive.com/open-iscsi@googlegroups.com/msg01659.html

You had suggested a few iface bindings that could be done to have
multiple sessions with an extra flag that uses the hint from the iBFT to
have multiple sessions.

I guess this might be the problem that malahal might be having. The iBFT
might be configured to have multiple sessions and thus have two paths
but the iscsiadm shipped with the installer will not take the hint from
iBFT to connect to two paths.

-Shyam Iyer