shyam_i...@dell.com wrote:

> Mike Christie wrote:
>> mala...@us.ibm.com wrote:
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>>     I am trying to install RHEL5.3 on an iSCSI disk with two paths.
>>> I booted with "mapth" option but the installer picked up only a
> single
>>> path. Is this the expected behavior when I use "iBFT"?
>>>
>> For this mail ibft boot means the boot process where the ibft
> implementation hooks into the box and logs into the target and brings
> over the kernel and
>> initrd.
>>

>> It could be. If the ibft implementation uses only one session during
> the ibft boot and then only exports that one session then yeah, it is
> expected
>> because the iscsi tools only know what ibft tells us.
>
> Mike - Here is an old thread that we had on the limitation of the
> fwparam tool's limitation with multiple sessions at boot time.
> http://www.mail-archive.com/open-iscsi@googlegroups.com/msg01659.html
>
> You had suggested a few iface bindings that could be done to have
> multiple sessions with an extra flag that uses the hint from the iBFT to
> have multiple sessions.
>
> I guess this might be the problem that malahal might be having. The iBFT

There are multiple issues remember?

1. Do we want to bind sessions to specific nics.

- You need the iface bindings like you mentioned above.

2. If the ibft exports all the targets setup even if they were not used
for ibft boot do we want to log into them?

- We used to only log into the one used for boot. Now for boot we log
into all of them using the default behavior where we let the network
layer route. For install in RHEL, there was a goof where it always only
logs into the one used for boot.

> might be configured to have multiple sessions and thus have two paths
> but the iscsiadm shipped with the installer will not take the hint from
> iBFT to connect to two paths.

That is what I said in the mail you replied to more or less. For boot it
is fixed. iscsiadm/iscsistart logs into all the targets found in ibft
whehter they were used for the ibft boot or not. For install there is a
bug still, because the isntaller code used the wrong API which only logs
into the session used for boot.

When I did the fix for the iscsi tools, I think you even replied on the
thread :)