Matthew Richardson wrote:
> I'm trying to find a way of manually adding targets to a initiator,
> rather than using the iscsiadm discovery command.
>
> Is there an easier way of doing this than manually creating entries in
> the nodes/ directory?

Not sure if it is easier but you can use the iscsiadm node addition command:

iscsiadm -m node -T your_target -p ip:port,tpgt -o new

If you want it bound to a iface then throw that in too

iscsiadm -m node -T your_target -p ip:port,tpgt -I iface0 - iface1 -o new

> I've seen some references to a 'static' directory for this, but can't
> find any documentation on what this does.
>
> Alternatively, is there a way to specify a list of portals and have
> discovery run against them at boot time? (other than writing my own
> init.d script).

There is not. I could write something up though. You would just want it
to log into all the portals/targets it found at discovery then right?

What target are you using this for or why do you want to do this? We
used to do this in linux-scsi. I actually thought that was nicer. On the
target side I would just make sure I setup some access group so the
initiator only saw the targets/portals/device it should know about. Then
on the initaitor I  did not have to worry about the node record config.
It turns out a lot of targets are not so nice and just send you
everything they have :( and we ended up having what we have now.