Ulrich Windl wrote:
> On 2 Apr 2009 at 18:31, Boaz Harrosh wrote:
>
>> [r...@testlin2]$ ps ax |grep iscsi
>> 32268 ?        S<     0:00 [iscsi_eh]
>> 32284 ?        Ss     0:00 iscsid
>> 32285 ?        S<Ls   0:00 iscsid
>> 32313 pts/0    S+     0:00 grep iscsi
>>

> Hi,
>
> just a question: why do we see two iscsid processes? Usual daemons just
> appear
> once.

One is the daemon process that does the iscsi work like login/relogin
and error handling. The other is for logging. We cannot do logging from
the iscsi work process because if it did something like try to write out
log data to a iscsi disk we were trying to relogin to then we would lock
because we would be blocked on the same disk we need to reconnect to.