Thanks for the fast response!

> Not sure if it is easier but you can use the iscsiadm node addition command:
>
> iscsiadm -m node -T your_target -p ip:port,tpgt -o new

Yep - I discovered that one, but it still requires running a command
somewhere in the startup process.

> There is not. I could write something up though. You would just want it
> to log into all the portals/targets it found at discovery then right?
>
> What target are you using this for or why do you want to do this?

Ideally, open-iscsi would have a file somewhere that lists combinations
of portals, targets and ifaces, and would do either discovery or 'manual
add' (as in the command listed above), depending on how much information
was given.

I'm currently using scsi-target-utils (ie http://stgt.berlios.de) -
which does allow IP and user-based access controls - so the simplest
'list of portals' approach would be enough for my needs.

As an aside, I'm also on holiday for the next 2 weeks, so if you want
any testing/further comments, there might be a delay :)

Thanks,

Matthew

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.