Matthew Richardson wrote:
> Thanks for the fast response!
>
>> Not sure if it is easier but you can use the iscsiadm node addition command:
>>
>> iscsiadm -m node -T your_target -p ip:port,tpgt -o new
>>

> Yep - I discovered that one, but it still requires running a command
> somewhere in the startup process.
>
>> There is not. I could write something up though. You would just want it
>> to log into all the portals/targets it found at discovery then right?
>>
>> What target are you using this for or why do you want to do this?
>
> Ideally, open-iscsi would have a file somewhere that lists combinations
> of portals, targets and ifaces, and would do either discovery or 'manual
> add' (as in the command listed above), depending on how much information
> was given.

What are you trying to accomplish? The manual add threw me.

Normally when you do
iscsiadm -m discovery -t st -p .....

it will create some files in /etc/iscsi/nodes (or /var/lib/iscsi/nodes
in some distros). Then you can set the node.startup value to control if
when the iscsi service is started if you want the tools to automatically
log in for you.

With the
iscsiadm -m node -T .. -p .. -o new
it creates some files in the nodes dir and you can again set if you want
the tools to autologin or not.

For the second option you listed (the manual add one), it seems like if
you were going to write out a list of portal,target,iface tuples that
you want to log into, then it is same as doing iscsiadm -o new command
(iscsiadm -o new would be writing the file for you basically). Are you
just trying to not have to run iscsiadm at all?