solidguy wrote:
> Spoke too soon. After reboot, it reverted to the previous behavior.
> The message in /var/log/messages is:
> Apr  5 22:52:47 test0 iscsid: transport class version 1.1-646. iscsid
> version 2.0-870
> vs
> Apr  4 11:12:49 test2 kernel: Loading iSCSI transport class v2.0-870.
>
> Is this because of the ib_iser module dependency in machine C (test0)?

Sort of.

The iscsi modules that come with Centos are older (1.1-646 based and
this is pretty old and you probably want to upgrade to Centos 5.3).
Those kernel iscsi modules did did not use a iscsi_eh thread. Instead
they used the system default one.

In newer iscsi modules like the ones that come with the open-iscsi
tarball that you get on open-iscsi.org uses a special iscsi_eh thread
(one for the entire iscsi module).

So it looks like in one box you are using the older modules, and in A
and B you are using the iscsi modules that came with open-iscsi.org tarball.

Doing a make install of the open-iscsi.org release normally will install
the open-iscsi.org modules. Install here means that it overwrites the
native kernel iscsi modules with its own.

ib_iser:
Do you need iser? If so then you need to use the iscsi kernel modules
that come with the kernel. The iscsi modules that come with
open-iscsi.org releases do not support iser.