On 04/06/2009 06:18 PM, Mike Christie wrote:
> Boaz Harrosh wrote:
>> then I do the above iscsiadm command above and I don't see even
>> a single print in /var/log/messages. I do see the usual:
>>   Apr  5 20:25:47 testlin2 kernel: Loading iSCSI transport class v2.0-870.
>>   Apr  5 20:25:47 testlin2 kernel: iscsi: registered transport (tcp)
>>
>> What KERN_* level is it printing? One small request for me when I do
>
> It is using KERN_INFO.
>
> I noticed sometimes in rc kernels my printks do not go to
> /var/log/messsages, but if you do dmesg they are in there.

right, I had that too. I think it is something to do with Fedora
log filters.

But KERN_INFO is fine, it's the best you can do.

>> echo 1/0 > */debug_*iscsi* please printk an "Turning debug on/off" so we can
>> see that it works in /var/log/messages.
>>

> Will do in next feature window.

I tried to do that it will be hard, perhaps you should leave it as is. We
can leave with it.

This is because currently we are using module_param_named which registers
a generic "int" handler for the passed int pointer. Doing the print means
registering a function, which will make the code bigger. There are tricks
we can do to cause printout like some query that will cause printouts for
testing.

Again sorry for the original noise. Every thing is now fine

Thanks
Boaz