On 04/07/2009 09:03 AM, Ulrich Windl wrote:
> On 6 Apr 2009 at 17:45, Boaz Harrosh wrote:
>
>> On 04/05/2009 08:37 PM, Boaz Harrosh wrote:
>>> One last update for today. I'll look into it tomorrow.
>>>
>> OK sorry for noise problems solved by one simple "make clean"
>>
>> The checkout of the new version did not cause some subsystems to compile
>> and the mismatch was fatal.
>
> ;-)
>
> I hat a recent discussion on the Git mailing list about the necessity of
> "make
> clean" before an update, and they all disagreed. (the subject actually was on
> preserving time stamps through checkin/commit/checkout)

I got spoiled and sleepy by Linux's amazing build system that can do long
bisects
for days and not ever needing a clean.

I assure you, I will now do a clean not only on ugrade but every time I start a
new
task, just as I clean the table after dinner.

>> Sorry again. every thing is now fine
>
> Regards,
> Ulrich

Thanks for the sympathy. You most imagine how foolish I felt. I gave myself the
necessary bang on the head. I needed a make clean myself.

best wishes
Boaz