Hi All...

Sorry, the following could be a little bit off topic...

Does any one has an idea of what is the expected performance for a IBM
DS 3300 system connected via open iSCSI? Using a RAID 1 with 2 disks,
I got the following numbers:

Sequential Write:

 [r...@core12 ~]# dd if=/dev/zero of=/apoio04/b1 bs=64k count=125000
125000+0 records in
125000+0 records out
8192000000 bytes (8.2 GB) copied, 454.522 seconds, 18.0 MB/s

Sequential Read:
[r...@core12 ~]# dd if=/apoio04/b1 of=/dev/null bs=64k count=125000
125000+0 records in
125000+0 records out
8192000000 bytes (8.2 GB) copied, 94.9401 seconds, 86.3 MB/s

I restricted the RAM to be only 1GB, therefore there are no cache
effects in these numbers. Because the read stats are good, we exclude
network bottlenecks. Nevertheless, we were expecting more or less the
performance of a single disk (~50MB/s) for the write tests and we are
getting less than half. I do not know if this is really the physical
limit of the system or if there is a problem somewhere...

I could not find any IBM official numbers, therefore, I though that
someone over here could give me any hint about the numbers they are
getting...

Thanks in Advance
Cheers
Goncalo Borges