You don't want to disable connection load balancing (CLB) in the long run.
 CLB will balance out IO across the available ports as servers need IO.
 I.e. during the day your file server or SQL server will be busy.  Then at
night other servers or backups are running.   Without CLB you could end up
stacking connections onto a single interface while other ports are idle.
Upgrading to 5.3 and enabling MPIO is the best solution.

Don