Thank you for your help! I will try your suggestions shortly.

I am not quite sure about the iSCSI reset to be honest, I just tell
what the open-e interface tells me.
the strange thing is that yesterday I did create some stuff on the
open-e san that needed the 'reset' again. and my server continued
working just fine, no broken raid this time.

Maybe software raid is not supported on top of iSCSI. But if you want
a redundant storage layer and you don't have a lot of money it, it's
really a great sollution :-)