On 27 Apr 2009 at 10:37, Mike Christie wrote:

> Ulrich Windl wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > SLES10 SP2 ships "iscsiadm version 2.0-868", while SP1 had an older
> > version. For
> > SP1 I used the following command to set all discovered nodes to auto-login:
> >
> > for sid in $(iscsiadm -m node | awk '{gsub(/^\[/, ""); gsub(/\]/, "");
> > print $1 }'
> > | sort)
>
> Is this just going to get the sid for all the records? If so then I
> think you can do
>
> iscsiadm -m node -o update ....
>
> This will update the setting for all records.

Hi Mike,

yes, the problem with the older release was that the "other syntax" never
worked,
so I developed that workaround. Basically what one wants is to try a setting on
one node or portal first, then if it's what one wanted, apply the seting to the
(desired) rest of the nodes or portals.

> > do
> >     iscsiadm -m node -r $sid -o update -n node.startup -v automatic
> > done
> >
> > What would be the equivalent for the newer version that says: "iscsiadm:
> > node
> > mode: option '-r' is not allowed/supported"?
> >

> To change just one record you can do:
>
> iscsiadm -m node -T target -p ip -o update ....

The manpage says:
       -T, --targetname=targetname
              Use target targetname.

              This should be used along with --portal in node mode, to specify
              what  the  open-iscsi  docs  refer  to as a node or node record.
              Note: open-iscsi's use of the word  node,  does  not  match  the
              iSCSI RFC's iSCSI Node term.

How would such a target look like; would "iqn.1986-
03.com.hp:fcgw.mpx100:rkdvmis1.0.50001fe1500c1f20.50001fe1500c1f2c" be a valid
sample?

> or if you want to manipulate records using the sid of running sessions
> you can do
>
> iscsidm -m session -r $sid -o update .....

That usage is not described my my manpage:
       iscsiadm -m session [ -hV ] [ -d debug_level ] [ -P printlevel ]  [  -r
       sessionid | sysfsdir [ -R ] [ -u | -s ] ]

(the only one where "-r" occurs)

Regards,
Ulrich