Ulrich Windl wrote:
> On 28 Apr 2009 at 7:10, HIMANSHU wrote:
>
>> One more question analogues to this.
>>
>> Suppose I login to 1st target from machine 30.12,it was having node
>> authentication.so I saved its credentials in iscsid.conf and then I
>> fired the discovery command followed by login command.It was
>> successful and those credentials also got stored in nodes and
>> send_targets.
>>
>> Then if I want to login to 2nd target which is also having node
>> authentication from same machine,I am overwriting same iscsid.conf
>> file.So I am loosing my previous credentials from iscsid.conf.Also
>> after discovery,I am loosing previous target information from nodes
>> and send_targets.
>
> Hi,
>
> I'm no expert, but I think the credentials are stored per node/target in the
> "iSCSI database" (like /etc/iscsi/send_targets/* and /etc/iscsi/nodes/*/*).

Yeah, that is correct. When you run the discovery command or manual
addition command, iscsiadm will read iscsid.conf and use those for the
initial defaults for what gets created in those dirs. You can then
change what is in those dirs using iscsiadm -m node -o update....

> /etc/iscsi.conf just has the defaults. Probably it would be better to never
> touch
> the iscsid.conf, but provide auth information when discovering targets or
> loggin
> in to nodes/targets. However then the "secrets" would be on the command line
> (and
> process list, etc).

I was thinking he has a issue where one target needs one set of CHAP
values for the discovery session, then they need another set of CHAP
values for another discovery session to another target. For this type of
setup, you have to edit iscsid.conf, run iscsiadm -m discovery ..., then
edit iscsid.conf again and then run iscsiadm -m discovery ... to the
other target.