On 11 May 2009 at 12:58, sundar mahadevan wrote:

[...]
> reboot. Is this a normal behaviour? Because of the server hang, i'm
> unable to check the logs and always have to go for a hard
> reset/shutdown. noob. help pls.

Hi!

Despite of a "single user boot" I think you can disable network services during
boot by specifying runlevel "2" during boot. Then you culd log in locally and
inspect the logs from the previous (and current boot).

(You can "init 3" or "init 5" later; maybe while doing a "tail -f
/var/log/messages")

Regards,
Ulrich