Ulrich Windl wrote:
> Hi,
>
> investigating what happened during a power failure, I have a small problem
> relating the connection numbers found in syslog to the output produced by
> iscaiadm: Does the session number (in square brackets) correspond to the
> connection number?

It is the session number. The connection values for connection22:0  is
the %SESSION_NUMBER:CONNECTION_NUMBER.

iSCSI has this feature where you can have multiple connections per
session. We used to support it which is why some of the iscsid.conf
params have that [0] index. We do not support it anymore because
upstream would not allow, so right now the connection number is always 0.

> i.e. Does "tcp: [22] 172.20.77.2:3260,0 iqn.1986-
> 03.com.hp:fcgw.mpx100:rkdvmis2.1.50001fe1500c1f60.50001fe1500c1f6d"
> correspond to
> "iscsid: connection22:0 is operational after recovery (3 attempts)", and does
> that
> correspond to "kernel: sd 22:0:0:10: SCSI error: return code = 0x00010000"?
>
> AFAIK a session can have multiple connections to a target, and a target can
> have

You can also have multiple sessions to a target. We normally do a
session to each portal on the target. With that iface stuff you can
create more.

> multiple LUNs. How can I find out what kernel objects depend on a specific
> iSCSI
> connection?

In newer tools we have
iscsiadm -m session -P 3