I am trying to run iSCSI initiator on my RHEL host.

I ran  /etc/init.d/iscsi start but it does start iSCSI deamon. /etc/
init.d/iscsi status does not return anything.

when i run "iscsiadm -m discovery -t sendtargets -p  <Ipaddress]" i
get error

iscsiadm: can not connect to iSCSI daemon (111)!
iscsiadm: can not connect to iSCSI daemon (111)!
iscsiadm: Cannot perform discovery. Initiatorname required.

It is probably because "/etc/init.d/iscsi start" did not start iscsi
deamon.

Any idea how we can correct it.

I am using steps mentioned at
http://www.cyberciti.biz/tips/rhel-centos-fedora-linux-iscsi-howto.html