Hi Mike,

I will discuss how uio will be distributed with Michael tomorrow, and we
will get back with you.  I agree with your line of thinking in creating
a unified front on iscsi configuration.  But, there is still work to be
done to eliminate the uio configuration file completely.

I haven't gotten a chance to write any documentation on how to hook
additional software.  But Chelsio could hook in via a shared library,
like how the Broadcom CNIC/BNX2I hooks into the uio stack.  They can
take a look at the example cnic.c source in the directory,
'src/unix/libs/' of the uio tarbarll.  They can focus particularly on
exporting a get_ops() function, the nic_lib_ops structure and nic_ops
structure.  These are the main entry points into the uIP stack and the
callback's that uio will use.

Note:  There is still some legacy code where I need a make a cleaner
division between the stack and hardware implementation.  This is because
there is still some areas in the uIP stack where it makes an assumption
that UIO will be used to talk directly to the hardware and to send data.

Please feel free to contact me with any questions.

Thanks again.

-Ben