On Thu, Jun 04, 2009 at 04:03:28PM +0200, benoit plessis wrote:
> Hi,
>
> What do you think of (real) iSCSI HBA like Qlogic cards under linux ?
> We are using open-iscsi now with bnx2 cards and the perfs are far from
> decent (top 50/100Mbps),
> some comparative tests on an intel e1000 card show betters results
> (500/600Mbps) but
> far from gigabit saturation, and still high latency.

What target are you using? "nullio" mode or memdisk is good for benchmarking,
if either of those are possible on your target.

How did you measure the latency? Are you using direct crossover cables, or
switches?

How does your NICs perform with for example FTP? How about iperf?

How did you get those 50/100 and 500/600 Mbit numbers? What benchmark did
you use? What kind of blocksize?

-- Pasi