On Fri, Jun 05, 2009 at 12:57:11AM +0200, benoit plessis wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Well the target are NetApp Filers, one FAS2020 and the other a FAS3020.
>
> The test system is directly attached to the filer, using either a bnx2 card
> or an intel
>
> The latency is calculated by bonnie++ 1.95 on a ext2 file system, the
> bandwith came from interface monitoring using cacti or bmon and also
> bonnie++
>
> Iperf give 924Mbits/sec using iperf
> Using a 4k dd read on a nfs file mounted on the same filer i got 96Mo/s
> using
> an un-optimized path (no jumbo frame, going thru a few switchs and a router)
>
> Device blocksize is 4k, as is the FS blocksize

OK. I don't really have personal experience with NetApp filers. Maybe
they're good in NAS stuff, not in (iSCSI) SAN stuff?

If you get 924 Mbit/sec with iperf using that bnx2 card, then the card and
drivers should be fine.

What distribution are you using on the initiator? What kernel? What open-iscsi
version?

Can you paste your iSCSI sessions parameters/settings from the active
session?

Did you try with 512 bytes device blocksize?

-- Pasi