2009/6/5 Pasi Kärkkäinen <pa...@iki.fi>

> On Fri, Jun 05, 2009 at 12:57:11AM +0200, benoit plessis wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Well the target are NetApp Filers, one FAS2020 and the other a FAS3020.
> >
> > The test system is directly attached to the filer, using either a bnx2
> card
> > or an intel
> >
> > The latency is calculated by bonnie++ 1.95 on a ext2 file system, the
> > bandwith came from interface monitoring using cacti or bmon and also
> > bonnie++
> >
> > Iperf give 924Mbits/sec using iperf
> > Using a 4k dd read on a nfs file mounted on the same filer i got 96Mo/s
> > using
> > an un-optimized path (no jumbo frame, going thru a few switchs and a
> router)
> >
> > Device blocksize is 4k, as is the FS blocksize
> >

> OK. I don't really have personal experience with NetApp filers. Maybe
> they're good in NAS stuff, not in (iSCSI) SAN stuff?

When i told them my number they seem very surprised and said they do have
better results ...

If you get 924 Mbit/sec with iperf using that bnx2 card, then the card and
> drivers should be fine.

As of the card, while i can have very good result of this kind, i know by
experience that in some
workload conditions bnx2 cards simply fail. I have similar system that can't
get past 60Mbps
of http traffic using haproxy.

> What distribution are you using on the initiator? What kernel? What
> open-iscsi version?

Distribution is debian/lenny, kernel 2.6.26-2-amd64 and packaged open-iscsi
2.0.870~rc3-0.4

Can you paste your iSCSI sessions parameters/settings from the active
> session?

Well yes, if you told me how or where to look :)

Did you try with 512 bytes device blocksize

I just can't:
r...@zeus:~# blockdev --setbsz 512 /dev/sdb
r...@zeus:~# blockdev --getbsz /dev/sdb
4096