Greetings,

I tried to use Open-iSCSI with a non-tcp socket type and failed
(timeout after connection has been established).

Looking at the source, the reason is obvious: for sending data
(iscsi_send()), the function pointers from sock->sk are used via the
kernel socket API. This works well with non-tcp sockets. Howver, for
reading data (see callback handler iscsi_tcp_data_ready()),
tcp_read_sock() is used instead of the related kernel socket API call.

Is there a specific reason for this? iSCSI would surely benefit from
using high-performance, non-tcp sockets if available (I'm talking
about SuperSockets in this case, see
http://www.dolphinics.com/products/dolphin-supersockets.html).

 thanks, Joachim