On Thu, 18 Jun 2009 03:53:47 -0700 (PDT)
Joachim Worringen <worrin...@googlemail.com> wrote:

> On Jun 18, 12:37 pm, FUJITA Tomonori <fujita.tomon...@lab.ntt.co.jp>
> wrote:
> > Yeah, I guess that all niche high performance interconnect technology
> > (such as Dolphin, Myrinet, etc) for HPC support RDMA. They could do
> > something like iSER. They support upport kinda socket interface but
> > socket interface is not optimal for them. So modifying iscsi_tcp for
> > them in a strange way doesn't make sense much.
>
> As Hannes proposed, deriving a iscsi_ssocks.c from iscsi_tcp.c is the
> most obvious and painless solution.
>
> I just wonder why iscsi_tcp.c calls tcp-functions directly for
> receiving data although there's a simpler way (which is used for
> sending data) for sockets.

Because it's much faster.

> > Well, anyway seems that 10GbE is slowly killing all niche high
> > performace interconnect technology.
>
> Of course "Ethernet always wins" conc. market share. But 10GigE
> doesn't help you if you need really low latency; it does hardly give
> you an advantage over 1GigE in this respect.

Seems that the latency diffence with 10GbE is smaller than one with
1GbE. There were lots of niche high performance interconnect companies
in 1GbE era but now there are not many. Yes, the latency diffence
still matters for some people but the market is getting smaller.