On Thu, 18 Jun 2009 13:33:42 +0200
Bart Van Assche <bart.vanass...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 18, 2009 at 1:14 PM, FUJITA
> Tomonori<fujita.tomon...@lab.ntt.co.jp> wrote:
> > On Thu, 18 Jun 2009 03:53:47 -0700 (PDT)
> > Joachim Worringen <worrin...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> Of course "Ethernet always wins" conc. market share. But 10GigE
> >> doesn't help you if you need really low latency; it does hardly give
> >> you an advantage over 1GigE in this respect.
> >
> > Seems that the latency diffence with 10GbE is smaller than one with
> > 1GbE. There were lots of niche high performance interconnect companies
> > in 1GbE era but now there are not many. Yes, the latency diffence
> > still matters for some people but the market is getting smaller.
>
> Numbers please. From the last numbers I have seen the latency
> difference between 10 GbE and fast non-Ethernet networks is still
> significant.

http://74.125.153.132/search?q=cache:lWqSaJ-iJ50J:www.chelsio.com/poster.html%3FsearchText%3Dcybermedia+latency+chelsio+osaka+10.49+microseconds&cd=2&hl=ja&ct=clnk&gl=jp

I think that 10GbE vendors are happy to give you lots of results.

Maybe it's still significant for you but it's not for some, which I
had worked with.