Akshay Lal wrote:
> Devs,
>
>     We seem to having an issue with the time to failover over iSCSI.
> The end goal here being to force a failover within 10 seconds to an
> alternate path as defined by dm-multipath.
>
> Distro: CentOS
> Kernel version: 2.6.29.5
> dm-multipath version: device-mapper-multipath-0.4.7-17.el5
> iscsid version: iscsi-initiator-utils-6.2.0.868-0.7.el5

One other question. If you use the tools from here:
http://www.open-iscsi.org/bits/open-iscsi-2.0-871-test4.tar.gz
(just do make user and a make install_user) does that help?

The tools in RHEL which Centos is based on are really only intended for
the kernel that comes with RHEL/Centos. I might have made some
cheats/hacks for those kernels so I am not sure if
iscsi-initiator-utils-6.2.0.868-0.7.el5 will work with a upstream kernel
like 2.6.29.5.