Thanks Mike,

We are definitely hitting some similar issues again, so I will be sure
to forward this off to Oracle and Dell.

-----Original Message-----
From: open-iscsi@googlegroups.com [mailto:open-is...@googlegroups.com]
On Behalf Of Mike Christie
Sent: Thursday, July 09, 2009 11:36 AM
To: open-iscsi@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: iscsiadm -m iface + routing

On 07/06/2009 05:27 AM, hootjr29 wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm currently attempting to implement a Dell EqualLogic iSCSI solution
> connected through m1000e switches to Dell m610 blades with (2) iSCSI
> dedicated nics in each blade running Oracle VM Server v2.1.5 (which, I
> believe, is based off of RHEL5.1).
>
> [r...@oim6102501 log]# rpm -qa | grep iscsi
> iscsi-initiator-utils-6.2.0.868-0.7.el5
> [r...@oim6102501 log]# uname -a
> Linux oim6102501 2.6.18-8.1.15.3.1.el5xen #1 SMP Tue May 12 19:21:30
> EDT 2009 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux

I think there was a bug in RHEL 5.1 and 5.0 where the initiator was
sending pdus with cmd sequences out of order and the EQL box would drop
the session. So if are not seeing ping/nop messages, then you might be
hitting that problem. It is fixed in RHEL 5.3. Is there a Oracle release

based on that you can try? Or can you just use RHEL kernels? If so then
you might want to try this one:
http://people.redhat.com/dzickus/el5/157.el5/