On 07/14/2009 02:14 AM, belp wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On a ISCSI target, I set up a CHAP username and password by using
> Ä°QSTOR web user interface. From initiator i succeded to discover the
> target's disks but i can not login to it. I couldnt find which part to
> change on /etc/iscsi/iscsi.conf file. Here as it is;

What version of open-iscsi is this? Did you get it from open-iscsi.org
or from a distro?

There was a bug in 2.0-870 and maybe 869 and before. Try open-iscsi-2.0-871.

> # *************
> # CHAP Settings
> # *************
>
> # To enable CHAP authentication set node.session.auth.authmethod
> # to CHAP. The default is None.
> #node.session.auth.authmethod = CHAP
>
> # To set a CHAP username and password for initiator
> # authentication by the target(s), uncomment the following lines:
> #node.session.auth.username =****
> #node.session.auth.password = ****
>
> # To set a CHAP username and password for target(s)
> # authentication by the initiator, uncomment the following lines:
> node.session.auth.username_in = ******
> node.session.auth.password_in = *****
>
> # To enable CHAP authentication for a discovery session to the target
> # set discovery.sendtargets.auth.authmethod to CHAP. The default is
> None.
> discovery.sendtargets.auth.authmethod = CHAP
>
> # To set a discovery session CHAP username and password for the
> initiator
> # authentication by the target(s), uncomment the following lines:
> discovery.sendtargets.auth.username = ****
> discovery.sendtargets.auth.password = *****
>
> # To set a discovery session CHAP username and password for target(s)
> # authentication by the initiator, uncomment the following lines:
> #discovery.sendtargets.auth.username_in = ****
> #discovery.sendtargets.auth.password_in = ****
>
> Here is the target;
>
> r...@scnxs:~# iscsiadm -m node -P 1
> Target: iqn.sagres.C0P0
>      Portal: 10.5.5.107:3260,2
>          Iface Name: iface0
>
> When i try to logon,i get this error;
>
> iscsiadm -m node -T iqn.sagres.C0P0 -p 10.5.5.107:3260 -l
> Login session [iface: iface0, target: iqn.sagres.C0P0, portal:
> 10.5.5.107,3260]
> iscsiadm: initiator reported error (4 - encountered connection
> failure)
> iscsiadm: Could not execute operation on all records. Err 107.

When this happens in do you see a error message about CHAP failing in
/var/log/messages?

> I may post the /etc/iscsi/nodes/iqn.sagres.C0P0/10.5.5.107,3260  file
> and any other file if wanted.

The CHAP values in that file are the ones that were in your iscsid.conf
right?