Ulrich Windl wrote:
> Hmm, I wonder: If every packet exchange for an iSCSI target re-triggers a
> timer
> that prevents NOPs from being sent/expected, the problem under heavy load
> should
> go away as well, right? I see little sense to send extra NOP queries when
> there is
> heavy traffic for a target. (MHO)

But the point is there _is_ no traffic at that point.

>> However, after some heavy instrumenting I found this:
[ .. ]

>> [ 2666.376858]  connection2:0: mgmtpdu [itt 0xa05 p ffff8100795675c0]
>> delayed, cmd 0 mgmt 0 req 0 exp 1913193 max 1913177 queued 1913194

The 'cmd', 'mgmt', and 'req' parameters are just !list_empty(cmdqueue),
!list_empty(mgmtqueue), !list_empty(requeue).
(I said I'm running on an older code base).
So at this point there are _no_ requests queued.

Really curious.

Cheers,

Hannes
--
Dr. Hannes Reinecke                   zSeries & Storage
h...@suse.de                          +49 911 74053 688