Mike Christie wrote:
> Hannes Reinecke wrote:
>> Mike Christie wrote:
>>> Hannes Reinecke wrote:
>> [ .. ]
>>>>
>>> But you still might be hitting a problem where the target does not like
>>> data-outs when it closed the window. Maybe they interpreted the RFC
>>> differently. You should ask the HP target guys for more info.
>>>
>>> Also your patch might be working because I think it ends up throttling
>>> the connection, so IO does not timeout because pipes are backed up (the
>>> slow down from the throttling is one of the problems we hit with the
>>> patch I did before which was pretty much the same as you posted).
>>>
>> I actually had quite good results with it, so it can't be too bad :-)
>> IE the test HPs running continued for over a day, whereas previously
>> it'd stall after some hours.
>>

> Yeah, I saw the bz update too.
>
> I tested your patch out here localy just to double check that is works
> like what we had before. With a istor target write throughput goes from
> 50 MB/s to 15 MB/s. It eventually dies (ping timeout) because the window
> is closed and it does not open until we finish sending the data-outs for
> the currently running commands. So READs are just fine. We hit the
> window closed check but we continue to make progress on the READs
> because data-ins are processed like normal and the window opens back up
> as commands are completed.
>
> So someone is doing something screwy. I am testing a EQL box locally now
> and will try some others just to double check.

Hannes, could you test without your cmdsn patch, but then set things up
so we do not have to send data-out pdus?

You want immediate data = Yes.

node.session.iscsi.ImmediateData = Yes
node.session.iscsi.FirstBurstLength = 131072

Then either send IOs that are smaller than 131072 or set the
/sys/block/sdc/queue/max_hw_sectors to 128

For the target you would want
ImmediateData = Yes
FirstBurstLength = 131072
MaxRecvDataSegmentLength = 131072

I guess you would want to lower the initiator values to match what the
target is going to ask for if you cannot modify the target.

I am seeing a problem here when having to send data-outs even when the
window is open, throughput dies from 111 to .61 MB/s.