Mike Christie wrote:
>> Hannes Reinecke wrote:
>>> [ .. ]

>>> I actually had quite good results with it, so it can't be too bad :-)
>>> IE the test HPs running continued for over a day, whereas previously
>>> it'd stall after some hours.
>>>
>> Yeah, I saw the bz update too.
>>
>> I tested your patch out here localy just to double check that is works
>> like what we had before. With a istor target write throughput goes from
>> 50 MB/s to 15 MB/s. It eventually dies (ping timeout) because the window
>> is closed and it does not open until we finish sending the data-outs for
>> the currently running commands. So READs are just fine. We hit the
>> window closed check but we continue to make progress on the READs
>> because data-ins are processed like normal and the window opens back up
>> as commands are completed.
>>
>> So someone is doing something screwy. I am testing a EQL box locally now
>> and will try some others just to double check.
>>

> Hannes, could you test without your cmdsn patch, but then set things up
> so we do not have to send data-out pdus?
>
> You want immediate data = Yes.
>
> node.session.iscsi.ImmediateData = Yes
> node.session.iscsi.FirstBurstLength = 131072
>
> Then either send IOs that are smaller than 131072 or set the
> /sys/block/sdc/queue/max_hw_sectors to 128
>
> For the target you would want
> ImmediateData = Yes
> FirstBurstLength = 131072
> MaxRecvDataSegmentLength = 131072
>
> I guess you would want to lower the initiator values to match what the
> target is going to ask for if you cannot modify the target.
>

> I am seeing a problem here when having to send data-outs even when the
> window is open, throughput dies from 111 to .61 MB/s.

It might not be the data-out in response to a R2T. I ran with this:

ImmediateData = No
InitialR2T = Yes

when you login make sure that  iscsiadm -m session -P 3 has

                ImmediateData: No
                InitialR2T: Yes

And now it all works. Before I was barfing with IET and EQL. I could not
replicate it on a iStor because it always uses those values.

It might be due to a data-out when InitialR2T=yes or if we have sent
immediate data with the scsi cmnd and then send a data-out in response
to a r2t. will try that next.